Regional Development Officer, Yorkshire and Humber Lib Dems
Hours: Part Time (30 hours/4 days per week, flexibly by agreement), of which a significant amount of evening and weekend work will be required
Salary: £25,000 Pro rata (4 days a week)
Reports to: Regional Campaign Manager
Tenure: Fixed term for a period of 18 months
Closing Date: Monday 9am 13th December.
Yorkshire and Humber Liberal Democrats are seeking to employ a Regional Development Officer. This role is to help local parties and key activists to run professional and successful electoral campaigns.
Core aspects of the role
- To ensure the regional development plan is being updated and implemented.
- To support and assist our local campaign teams to develop their skills and campaigning, and to win elections, by:
Technical - helping campaigners with Connect, Lighthouse and other systems/platforms both personally and directing them to relevant help within the Party;
Literature - helping campaigners with content, style and online composition;
Attending local training events, actively promoting local campaigners participating in online training events.
- To work and co-ordinate activity with the Campaigns and Elections Campaign Manager and the ALDC Development Officer working within the Region.
- To produce the Regional E-newsletter (Amber)
- To ensure the regional website and social media accounts are updated.
- To assist with the management of Regional Conference in co-ordination with the Regional Conference Chair.
- To assist in the day-to-day administrative duties as appropriate and to produce written reports as requested.
- To undertake other reasonable duties at the request of the line manager.
- To attend staff meetings and conferences as required
1 Member of the Liberal Democrats (at the time of appointment and for the duration of employment).
2 Ability to create a positive, welcoming and motivating climate for potential Liberal Democrat candidates and activists, from across the spectrum of our region’s diverse makeup, whether or not they are currently party members and an understanding of the need to build a more diverse party at all levels.
4 Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
5 Ability to use Affinity Publisher and experience of writing campaign literature.
6 The ability to work with, and motivate, volunteers and with teams.
7 Ability to work without immediate supervision to deliver agreed objectives.
8 Able to work flexibly, including weekends and evenings.
9. A full driving licence and access to a car.
1 Practical experience of successful Liberal Democrat campaigning for example as a candidate, agent or other key role.
2 Experience of strategic planning of campaigns.
3 An understanding of the structures and functions of local Government in Yorkshire and the Humber Region.
- Familiarity with Connect and Lighthouse.
- An understanding of libel and defamation laws.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Liberal Democrats in Yorkshire and the Humber.
To apply for the role please send a CV and covering letter describing your suitability to Rob Jacques at [email protected]. If you would like further information about the role, please email Rob to arrange a conversation.
Applicants are encouraged to inform us if any reasonable adjustments are needed to be made during any part of the recruitment process.
Please let us have details of two referees. If you would prefer us not to contact them until a later stage of the selection process, please let us know.
The interviews will take place via zoom on Thursday 16th December. If you are unable to attend a zoom interview on that day please could you let us know in your application and if we shortlist you we will endeavor to arrange an alternative date.
Please note: We will not be able to employ you if you are not eligible to work in the UK. We will not be able to obtain a work permit on your behalf.
Diversity, Inclusion and Equality is at our core here at Liberal Democrats, we promote behaviours that support the equality of all people and we believe it's important to celebrate what makes us unique and help to educate people about the different cultures, orientations, genders and more.